Monday 10 December 2012

Monday Motivation


Good Morning Love Bugs,
I hope you all had a great weekend.

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve posted anything and for that I apologise. So what have I been up to that has kept me away from by beloved readers, well I’ve been decorating my room and for the amount of time that I have spent away from my blog you would think that I’d been decorating a huge master bedroom in a mansion, but no I’ve been decorating the box bedroom of a semi-detached house.

I had it all planned out, I booked the Friday and Monday off work and thought that I would be able to blow through it over 4 days, but boy was I mistaken. By the time the Monday night came I’d barely done the first coat of paint, I was exhausted and my body ached so much from all the physical work that I thought when I looked in the mirror I should’ve seen a 5’1” version of Ciara’s body staring straight back at me but no. Anyway it took me the better part of two weeks to get my room sorted and in back into a living condition due to working full time and doing the job properly, because when it comes to your living conditions I don’t believe in half arsing anything.

To be honest I would’ve rather moved out and decorated a home of my own, but the reality of it all is that that is just not an option for me right now. So what were my options, move out and rent with no certainty of a job past March 2013 or make the most out of the small situation that I am already in? The logic in me as always won.

Living at home and in a box room at that is beyond frustrating especially when all you want is your own space, but instead of dwelling on what I don’t have I chose to make the most out what I do have a make a few changes while I was at it.

People are always saying “Don’t worry, things will change soon enough” but sometimes if you want change you have to be the one to implement yourself. Yes change is inevitable and to some extent everything is written, but sometimes you have to write your own path. You never get anywhere in life but sitting on your arse and singing Sam Cooke “A Change Is Gonna Come”. But I bet that if you put in the work while singing your heart out to Mr Cooke, soon enough a change will come. It may not be overnight it may take many long nights and many long days before things really change but you have to start somewhere.

Re decorating my room may seem like a small change but to me it’s a big change, I’ve had to accept that for the time being unless I win the lotto or land a well-paid job which we all know are hard to come by these days, I’m going to have to stay put …for the time being. My Little room may not be much, but due to circumstance and change I decided to make it my own little space where I can think more clearly and make clearer decisions for my future.

So in a nutshell what I am trying to say is be grateful for all the blessing that you have, but if you feel like you are ready for a change in your life no matter how big or small, just go ahead and make it and what will be will be, you never know what can happen until you try.
 

Sitting around and waiting for that change to happen is a terrible way to waste your precious time.  

Have a great week lovers and make a change, even if it’s just the colour of your hair!

Love Sara (A little lady who is ready for a change). xx

No comments:

Post a Comment